Senior Pastor Search
The deadline for applying for the Senior Pastor position has passed. Thank you for your interest.
Christ Community Church Profile Document
Christ Community Church Senior Pastor Profile Document
The Senior Pastor Search Team has been elected by Congregational Vote. For additional information on this team, please visit the Senior Pastor Search page
To contact the team, click here.
Update on the Search - June 2013
Dear Christ Community Family,
Here are two of the most common questions fielded by the Senior Pastor Search Team since we started our work this past January:
“Do you have a list of candidates yet?”
“How long will the search process take?”
Because most of us at CCC have never been down this road before, it’s helpful to understand the steps and how long each could take.
Everyone who has ever interviewed for a new position knows there are some key questions that need to be answered when applying for or accepting a new position. What is the culture? What is the organizational history? What will the position involve? What will I be expected to accomplish? What is the rest of the team like? Will I be a fit? We are currently creating documents that will help provide answers to these questions for Senior Pastor applicants.
The broad stages of the search process are as follows:
- Preparation (organizing our efforts, gathering information, and preparing required documents – we are here now)
- Accepting Applications* (actively seeking interested candidates from multiple sources-target is a late summer start)
- Evaluation* (sorting through and reviewing potentially hundreds of applications)
- Selection* (prayerfully selecting our next Senior Pastor from a narrow list of qualified and well vetted candidates)
- Transition (congregational vote and on-boarding of our new Senior Pastor)
* These stages will be highly confidential. In order to protect their privacy and current job security, we will not be at liberty to disclose any information concerning applicants.
In an upcoming congregational gathering we will provide more details about each stage of the process and timeline details for identifying our next Senior Pastor. The entire process could take anywhere from 18-36 months from our start in January of 2013 (but we believe we are on track to be on the shorter side of this timeframe). Meanwhile, please continue to pray for us, our congregation, and the man we know The Lord has already selected to lead us into the next chapter of journey as a church family. As always, we welcome your questions - they can be addressed to SPST@christcommunity.org.
Steve Kuhn – for the SPST
Past Senior Pastor Search Team Updates
Click here to view May 2013 Report
Click here to view April 2013 Report
Update on Interim Senior Pastor Position:
We are pleased to announce that Tony Giles has accepted the call to the position of Interim Senior Pastor.
Read the announcement sent to the membership by clicking here.
Please visit the page dedicated to the Interim Senior Pastor position for additional information regarding this position.
Interim Senior Pastor Page