The Cottage Readers meet the first Thursday of each month at Marlene Schreader's cottage in historic downtown Franklin. Anyone is welcome to join the group at any time during the year.
Each month, a different book is read and discussed. Facilitators rotate and the group decides in November which books will be read the following year.
Please Note 2013: The book club will meet the 2nd week of July (July 11) instead of July 4.
6:30 p.m.: Join us for pot-luck supper and fellowship in the Cottage kitchen. Bring a dish to share. Marlene provides silverware, plates and drinks.
7:00 p.m.: We adjourn to the living room for a lively discussion.
8:30-9:00: Wrap up!
Our Book Selections for 2013
- January: no meeting this month
- February 7: Playin' On the Tracks by Carter Robertson (our own local author)
- March 7: The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman
- April 4: When Crickets Cry by Charles Martin
- May 2: Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Literacy Society by Amy Hearth Hill
- June 6: I Shall Not Hate by Izzeldin Abuelaish
- July11: The Case of the Missing Books by Ian Sansom
- August 1: tbd
- September 5: tbd
- October 3: tbd
- November 7: tbd
- December 5: no official book-- we will share Christmas readings
Directions to Marlene's Cottage
431 Church Street, Franklin, TN 37064
Phone: (615) 791-0934
Get directions from your location to Marlene's home via MapQuest