posted on March 29, 2011 14:53
How YOU Can Get Involved:
1. Write to Our Missionaries – we all need encouragement! Your Community Group or Bible Study can even “adopt” one of our missionary families by caring for them year-round in various ways. Contact Cammy Bethea (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
2. Pray for Our Missionaries – join one of our prayer teams! All of our missionaries send in a few specific prayer requests each month. Our World Missions Prayer Team (for overseas missionaries) meets the first Thursday of each month (7:00 – 8:00 p.m.) at Cammy’s house in Fieldstone Farms. Our Home Missions Prayer Team (for local ministries/missionaries) meets the third Thursday of each month (10:00 – 11:00 a.m.) in the CCC Women’s Parlor. All are welcome – come join us in prayer!
3. Read A Missionary Biography! Come browse the biographies (for various ages) in our missions office (C208). We have 20-25 chapter books and picture books which feature the lives of well-known missionaries who have literally changed the world – a great variety for all ages!
4. Reach Out to International Students or Refugees. Contact William Mwizerwa (email@example.com) to work with African refugees who have resettled locally. Offer simple hospitality. By simply including them in your normal family meals/activities, they feel welcomed. Learn about their part of the world at the same time.
5. Mentor/Encourage At-Risk Youth in Our Community - make a difference in their lives! Contact Barefoot Republic Camp (firstname.lastname@example.org), Franktown Open Hearts (email@example.com), and/or New Hope Academy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
6. Volunteer with Local Jail/Prison Ministry - through prayer, visitation/counseling, correspondence, Bible Study, worship/concerts, and transportation. Contact Bill Brown (email@example.com) or Bob Smith (Maggie.firstname.lastname@example.org) or Rick Allen (email@example.com) for men’s ministry opportunities. Contact Judy Felts (firstname.lastname@example.org) for opportunities @ the TN Prison for Women.
7. Become an Advocate for Missions – it’s the normal Christian life! Encourage your Community Group, SS Class, and others to get more involved. Reach out to our visitors & new members. Save your loose change for our special offerings several times a year. Give of yourself for God’s glory. Everyone can make a difference!